Saturday, June 16, 2007

Overload already?

Like I said my room at the 4 queens is great- with a great view looking over Fremont Street. So great that I didn't close my curtains the first night and had the sun blast into my room at 6am. So I went over to the Golden Nugget to play. To make a long story short I played cards from 7am until 11pm and cleared $1500.

I went over to the Rio to check out the WSOP poker room. It wasn't that busy- the $2000 no-limit tourney was underway (1600 entrants) and they were getting ready for the $5000 final table.

I played in two satellites for the $1500 tourney and had my pocket Kings cracked in both when I had guys call me with lower pairs (pp 6's, pp 4's) and flopped full houses on both! My confidence was a little shaken so I went back to the Golden Nugget and sat down to play cash. I ended up getting along with a guy from Hawaii who got knocked out of the $2000 earlier in the day ad then I realized something that I hadn't thought of...the WSOP is just another tourney to these guys. For some reason that helped my confidence (as well as my cash for the day)- so I'll update everyone about my day during round one.

PRO PLAYER sightings- Men Nguyen, Marcel Luske, Amir Vahedi, Greg Raymer and I also saw Shannon Elizabeth sitting in the $2000 tourney with sunglassses as big as dinner plates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing great so far. if you keep thinking it's just another tourney, or just a multi table sit n' go you'll do great.
Sending good thoughts your way!!!!

Terri

Anonymous said...

Marks says to pass on to you that if you see Howard Lederer or Daniel Negreanu please get their autograph for him to frame to put on the wall of fame of RRPC. And if you see Phil Gordon, invite him to a game here. He's a hometown boy from Columbia.

he doesn't ask for much does he!

He also wants me to tell you to have a great time and the best of luck!!